After three years in Washington, D.C. and seven years in the DMV I’m heading back North. On June 30th Walter and I will make the 9 hour drive to Burlington where Walt will be attending UVM and I will be…hanging out, I guess? until I find a job.
Even though I’m desperately excited to become a Flatlander, I’m equally sad to leave D.C. So much has happened since I moved here, including making this incredibly popular and lucrative blog. D.C. is a wonderful and underrated city full of my wonderful and accurately-rated friends, and I will think of it often.
A brief list of stuff I will miss:
- The walk from Columbia Heights to downtown
- Jumbo slice
- Living in a house full of people, most of whom I met on Craigslist, to steal food from and share food with
- Two hour Amtrak rides to Philly
- Dragon, the cat
- Recognizing and then ignoring someone I knew in college
- Endless options for Ethiopian food
- Bruce Monroe Community Garden and their compost pile
- The 70 bus route (and no others)
- Reston, Richmond, Williamsburg, and a few other nice parts of Virginia
- Tons of free museums and events to consider attending before just staying home
- All my dang friends
Since my blog is rarely personal I’m taking this excuse to post a bunch of photos.
Life is happening!! Stay tuned for maple-based recipes and other Vermont-y posts.